Many people missed the bull market that started at the beginning of 2009 and almost end at the beginning of 2020 due coronavirus crisis. That bull market took the DOW 30 index from its bottom which hit in March 2009 and was 7000 points and did not stop until it reached 30,000 in January 2020. This index moved about 23,000 points and made a profit of more than 328% in almost 11 years. The same is true for S&P 500 index which moved from its bottom that hit in the same date, which was 700 points until it reached 3400 points in January 2020, which means that it made 2700 points as a profit that almost 380%.
Both major indexes made a profit of about 320% or more, which means that if some one at that year of 2009 invested about 10,000$, then within almost 10 years she will made about 32,000$ as profit, and if she invested about 100,000$ then she will end up with about 320,000$ in profit. So what all of that is have to do with market toady and coronavirus crisis and 2020.
Coronaviruse Crisis hit the market so deep and started huge sell off pressure in February 2020, when all stocks have been drooped almost around 20% of its prices or more. This can be either one of two cases. The first of which is market starting correction phase which means the it will move in side-way for almost a year or so failed to make new highs as well as supported by investors whom prevent it from making new lows. While the second case is market staring new bear move which means that it will make new drops and not able to make new highs. Both cases will not last for long. The correction phase may become shorter than the bear market phase, but both of them are good opportunity for investing. Because both of them having an opportunity to by good stocks with cheap prices.
What should people who missed 2009 Bull Market do in order to take advantage of the Coming opportunity?
There are two types of people based in their knowledge about stock market which are as following:
- People who have no clue about stock market (Type I).
- People who have knowledge about stock market and know how to invest and make fundamental and technical analysis (type II).
Type I people should not be worried about their lack of knowledge in financial market specially in stock market, because their lack of knowledge might be their strength. The reason is that a lot of expert in this field is trying to spot the bottom to ride the wave of new bull market and failed to do so. While those who has no clue about stock market they don’t need to bother them-self about market tops or bottoms. They can easily open an account in any fund that invest in DOW 30 and/or S&P 500 indexes such as:
- Fidelity ZERO Large Cap Index.
- Vanguard S&P 500 ETF.
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust.
- iShares Core S&P 500 ETF.
- Schwab S&P 500 Index Fund.
Once they invest in these mutual fund, they will be riding the next bull market and this will happen when the correction phase or bear market finish and market start break the top that made in January 2020, and start moved up and make new tops that might be 60,000 or 90,000 or more than that. But to get rewarded properly in this investment, people who used this approach must hold their position for almost 10 years or so. And they should only invest with money they can afford and get no loans. Also they should use money they don’t need it for the coming 10 years.
Type II those are who know stock market and how to read charts and do some fundamentals and technical analysis regrading any company and its stock to know which stock is the best and when will be the good time for entering and exiting an investment, I have some tips for them – they might go for the tip that provided for Type I – and they are as below:
- If you know how to short stocks and familiar with this type of trade, then go ahead and do it, but you have to make sure to read candle properly and the volume that made it, in order to spot a good entry and exit and made some profit while the market is dropping.
- If you want to buy the market and go long, never do that until both Dow 30 and S&P 500 indexes made bullish candle in monthly time frame with higher volume than all precedent candles (specialty the red one).
- Do not buy good companies while there are best one, and to know which one is the best:
- Go to earning report and see which companies are able to make huge profit in the time of crisis.
- Companies that have perfect earning reports should move in advance of the index, for example if the index made the bullish candle in (2) and still did not break its MA(50), and the stock that you are willing to buy is already cross above MA(50) then this is a good sign that this stock is a leading one and it will be good if you invest in it since it might be the leader of the new bull market.
Both type of people should be prepared for the next bull market which might start after one year from now or so, and they should save some cash to invest in stock market because it’s the only place that can allow you to be shareholder in best companies in the world and provide you with more than 300% return on investment or more.